Are you ready to find relief and feel like yourself again? Are you ready to prioritize your mental health and wellness?
Therapy is a safe, effective way to nourish yourself, reconnect with your strengths, and heal from past and present wounds. It’s a way to set aside time and space for YOU, to pause and reflect, and to intentionally create your life.
What can I expect from therapy?
First, we will get to know each other, and I will be curious about what brings you in for therapy and your intentions. I’ll learn more about your symptoms, family history, and medical history. It’s also really important that we start to establish how you’d LIKE to feel once things begin to improve.
I’ll want to learn more about what’s been helpful for you in the past, and we will work together over the first several sessions to build your resources and grounding skills. Together we will explore themes that may be presenting in your life, as well as experiences from the past, present, and future that exemplify these themes.
Sometimes themes are associated with negative beliefs about ourselves our the world, so we’ll try to identify those, along with more preferred or adaptive beliefs that may better serve you. EMDR Therapy can be used in allowing your natural capacity for healing to resume, and allowing for more adaptive beliefs to strengthen.
As your therapist, I will provide consistent nurturing and professional feedback, as we celebrate your victories together and your life begins to shift in a new direction.
Currently due to the pandemic, all therapy sessions are offered through telehealth, through an online video platform. This allows you to take part in sessions from the safety and comfort of your home. Internet connection is required.
Therapy For Depression
Are you feeling hopeless, isolated and not your usual self?
Do these thoughts often enter your mind?
- I am worthless and can’t do anything about it.
- I feel guilty for just wanting to eat, sleep and be alone.
- I hate who I am these days.
- I can’t stop crying, which makes me want to stay away from others.
- I feel gut-wrenching pain, but no one understands.
- My life and the world around me are dark. I hate it, but I can’t change it.
If you have had any variation of these thoughts and don’t feel like your usual self, chances are you may be suffering from depression.
I want you to know that you are not alone and therapy can help you!
Therapy for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help you find the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past can also be trauma related
If you suffer from an anxiety symptoms, contact me and we can discuss how therapy can help you.